George Couros once said, “Technology will not replace great teachers but technology in the hands of great teachers can be transformational.” In metamorphosis within this new learning frontier, technology with direction is naturally the tool to establishing a strong foundation to build upon.
Here are 10 benefits of incorporating technology in to the curriculum:
- Access to Infinite Information 1
- Automate Tedious Tasks 1
- Digital Citizenship, Media Literacy & Professional Etiquette 1
- Customized Learning 1
- Experimentation/ More in pedagogy/ Instant feedback 2
- Ensure Full Participation & Focused Social Learning (for shyer students)2
- Enhancing fun and effective education 2
- Cultivating technology as a life skill in the digital world 2
- Wide range access to video & music 3
- Teacher advancement3
Technology is a big part of our lives and school-aged children today are very much digital natives: They grow up with technology rather than learning the skills as an adult digital immigrant.reMarkable
1 Collier Jasmin. (2018). What are the pros and cons of mHealth? NEWSLETTER MNT Home. Retrieved from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/322865.php↩
3 Resilient Educator. (2020). Pros and Cons: Debating the Usage of Digital Devices in the Classroom. Retrieved from https://education.cu-portland.edu/blog/classroom-resources/pros-and-cons-of-allowing-digital-devices-in-the-classroom/↩
Do you know of any other benefits to incorporating online learning in our current environment and beyond?